From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changes to some profiles
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:21:51
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Do we really need a front-page news item for this? I don't think the
3 > impact would be terribly great, as I suspect this affects a very small
4 > number of people whom are likely to be more advanced users. I think
5 > adding the info to GMN/gentoo-dev-announce/gentoo-user should suffice.
6 > If someone thinks we need to do a front-page article, we can do that,
7 > too.
8
9 IIRC it will affect only 2008 profiles, and not older, so people have to
10 switch profiles first? Which already involves knowing what you're doing?
11 So what about putting up a GMN/front page article announcing all such
12 changes in new profiles, and not just for debianutils removal. I don't
13 recall there was this kind of article/documentation before, but might be
14 wrong.
15
16 Vlastimil