From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 'Images' without gcc/portage?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:42:57
1 Allen Rohner wrote:
2
3 > I am looking to use Gentoo to create a standard x86 environment complete
4 > with apache and X, but with no gcc or portage on the target machine.
5 > Additionally, use the same technique to cross-compile to a ppc embedded
6 > system.
7
8 You might take a look at GNAP [1]. I'm not sure if that's exactly what
9 you're looking for, but its a really nice lightweight way of creating a
10 gentoo-like system w/o the things you described above. Take a look and
11 give it a shot :)
12
13 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml
16 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
17 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
18
19 ---
20 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
21 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
22
23 ramereth/irc.freenode.net