From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:35:26
1 Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Hrm, this is making me wonder if a combined alias for new ebuilds and
3 > ebuilds that need maintainers could be used. The current alias as
4 > new-ebuilds probably wouldn't fit this as well. If seemant is up for it,
5 > we could just use something like need-maintainers or something simliar
6 > to that name? If we did that, would we still need the resolution?
7
8 The way I see it is that if an ebuild is to be worked on and maintained by a
9 particular developer/herd then it should be assigned to the relevant people as
10 normal.
11
12 If the ebuild doesn't stir up that much attention and nobody wants it, it
13 should get reassigned to maintainer-needed@g.o, until someone picks it
14 up or decides that the package is not worthy of being in the portage tree.
15
16 An extra resolution would not be needed. I don't see the need for a
17 new-ebuilds alias because everything can be categorised into the above two
18 categories (someone is going to do something with this soon, or, there is no
19 interest from that herd/developer at the current time).
20
21 Daniel
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list