From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:58:14
1 On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 20:49 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Stefan Schweizer wrote:
3 > > I think its better to leave the package on the right alias, because its easier
4 > > to find all pkges without maintainer for a certain herd then.
5 > > Most of the people will want to start with only one herd to get ebuilds added,
6 > > so it imo makes really sense to leave them grouped.
7 >
8 > When a bug is assigned to a herd I'm in, I interpret it as something that
9 > needs to be (or will be) acted upon.
10 >
11 > If someone posts a new package and it gets assigned to my herd, and nobody in
12 > my herd wants to maintain it, we hardly want it sitting around on our buglist
13 > where its never going to get any attention.
14 >
15 > Assigning it to a dedicated alias would get it out of my way and into the view
16 > of people who potentially want to maintain the package and maybe join the herd
17 > too.
18 >
19 > And yes, it certainly makes sense to have relevant herds CC'd on these bugs.
20
21 Hrm, this is making me wonder if a combined alias for new ebuilds and
22 ebuilds that need maintainers could be used. The current alias as
23 new-ebuilds probably wouldn't fit this as well. If seemant is up for it,
24 we could just use something like need-maintainers or something simliar
25 to that name? If we did that, would we still need the resolution?
28 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
29 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
30
31 ---
32 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
33 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
34
35 ramereth/irc.freenode.net