From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:48:09
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > I think its better to leave the package on the right alias, because its easier
3 > to find all pkges without maintainer for a certain herd then.
4 > Most of the people will want to start with only one herd to get ebuilds added,
5 > so it imo makes really sense to leave them grouped.
6
7 When a bug is assigned to a herd I'm in, I interpret it as something that
8 needs to be (or will be) acted upon.
9
10 If someone posts a new package and it gets assigned to my herd, and nobody in
11 my herd wants to maintain it, we hardly want it sitting around on our buglist
12 where its never going to get any attention.
13
14 Assigning it to a dedicated alias would get it out of my way and into the view
15 of people who potentially want to maintain the package and maybe join the herd
16 too.
17
18 And yes, it certainly makes sense to have relevant herds CC'd on these bugs.
19
20 Daniel
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list