From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:31:49
1 Am Montag 13 Juni 2005 20:15 schrieb Daniel Drake:
2 > Maurice van der Pot wrote:
3 > > Do you have a date or thread subject or something like that? I can't
4 > > find it in the archives. I would like to see some reasons why one or the
5 > > other is better.
6 >
7 > I can't remember and I can't see it in the archives. Maybe I was
8 > dreaming...
9 >
10 > I think it logically fits better into having its own assignee. Most
11 > resolutions suggest that no further action is needed, I don't think this is
12 > the case here (remember we are talking about RESOLVED NEEDMAINTAINER...)
13 >
14 > As well as that, people could add themselves to the email alias if they are
15 > interested.
16
17 I think its better to leave the package on the right alias, because its easier
18 to find all pkges without maintainer for a certain herd then.
19 Most of the people will want to start with only one herd to get ebuilds added,
20 so it imo makes really sense to leave them grouped.
21
22 Reassigning to need-maintainer@ would remove the herd-information and
23 therefore I am against it.
24