From: Josh Glover <jmglov@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage prize winners
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 12:21:28
1 Quoth Aron Griffis (Fri 2004-06-04 01:33:57PM -0400):
2 >
3 > I think this is really important stuff. We have so
4 > many incoming bugs, and so many variables that can affect a build
5 > (meaning things that can change, not environment variables). This is
6 > one area where we have the ability to clean things up, so we should do
7 > it.
8
9 Not to mention that users tend to use ebuilds from Portage as
10 references when writing their own ebuilds. IMO, it is very important
11 that *all* ebuilds be correct so that mistakes are not parrotted by
12 ebuild writers who do not really understand shell scripting.
13
14 The 'if use !X' syntax that spyderous brought up (at least, I think it
15 was spyderous) should not be used except in the case he mentioned,
16 making use-enable more readable, and even then, it would not hurt to
17 put a comment in the ebuild.
20 Josh Glover
21
22 Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
23 Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)
24
25 GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B 07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
26 gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103