From: Yury German <blueknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 19:35:01
1 I would prefer PPC and for that matter arm (which are no longer security
2 supported) going the Non-stable route. This would prevent the need for
3 stabilization and everything but @system we can instruct the users to
4 use ~ppc.
5
6 This would also allow for security to not drop it from security
7 supported arches and just follow a more relaxed policy for non-stable
8 packages.
9
10 For those not familiar, we (security) only need to have the package in
11 tree and the vulnerable packages dropped, which is easily accomplished
12 by the maintainer with no need for arches to get involved.
13
14 Yury German (BlueKnight)
15