From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 06:24:44
1 On Mon, 2017-05-15 at 15:33 -0400, Yury German wrote:
2 > I would prefer PPC and for that matter arm (which are no longer
3 > security
4 > supported) going the Non-stable route. This would prevent the need
5 > for
6 > stabilization and everything but @system we can instruct the users to
7 > use ~ppc.
8 >
9 > This would also allow for security to not drop it from security
10 > supported arches and just follow a more relaxed policy for non-stable
11 > packages.
12 >
13 > For those not familiar, we (security) only need to have the package
14 > in
15 > tree and the vulnerable packages dropped, which is easily
16 > accomplished
17 > by the maintainer with no need for arches to get involved.
18 >
19 > Yury German (BlueKnight)
20
21 This solution doesn't go far enough for me - mainly because it still
22 makes KEYWORDREQs a pain.