From: Michael Weber <xmw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Soliciting input for a non-maintainer update (NMU) GLEP
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:42:07
1 On 06/21/2013 10:31 PM, Michael Weber wrote:
2 > On 06/21/2013 08:50 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > [NMU]
4
5 Forgot to mention, ChangeLog
6
7 metadata.xml is nice to have, but often dated.
8
9 ChangeLog carries a good source of information
10 - frequency of commits by maintainer
11 - history of non-maint-commits (real ones, not the pack/slot-move ones).
12
13 Should be checked by bug wranglers, to cross-check for errors resulting
14 from non-maint commits (slackers will not reassign to the person
15 responsible) and other eager people to exchange thoughts and maybe
16 forming a herd.
17
18 [as proxy-maint and general gateway for user patches, I've grown a
19 certain confidence to throw things into the wild - and standing the
20 consequences. QA: I've really learned to appreciate you slapping me.]
23 Michael Weber
24 Gentoo Developer
25 web: https://xmw.de/
26 mailto: Michael Weber <xmw@g.o>