From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dependencies that're available at pkg_*inst
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:36:25
1 On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:29:10 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Not all cycles are solvable w/in the domain of execution which is an
4 > unfortunate fact. This loops back into why jstubbs was after use dep
5 > cycle breaking (fair bit more fine grained of an issue), a discussion
6 > that thus far has been ignored, and the usage of the build flag.
7
8 Which, again, is a future thing, since it requires additional per-ebuild
9 information about how use flags are used to be implementable.
10
11 > Stop name dropping labels until you tell folk about what labels are.
12 > I know, but I'd rather not have the notion "labels solves all" pushed
13 > forth w/ out people knowing what it is, please.
14
15 Labels are already documented and discussable in the appropriate place.
16 This is not supposed to be a discussion about future direction. It's
17 supposed to be about one specific issue regarding how we word things for
18 current implementations. The two wordings in the original email do not
19 have equivalent implications, and selecting the correct one affects
20 whether certain problems are solvable. Let's discuss that, not what
21 we're going to do six years from now.
24 Ciaran McCreesh