From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium gtk3 support
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:47:25
1 On 09/10/2015 08:33 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 >
3 > So you are saying for the unlikely case that someone runs gentoo on a
4 > desktop system where he cannot even compile gcc, llvm and others without
5 > waiting for 2 weeks or setting up his on binhost, we have to provide a
6 > backup-path for him, so that gtk3 is not loaded into his RAM?
9 My only laptop runs Gentoo and is ten years old. The CPU is decent but
10 there's not much RAM and what I do have is shared with the video card. I
11 don't pay attention to gtk2/gtk3 on it, but it's not hard to imagine
12 someone would care.
13
14 (I can compile GCC just fine in under an hour, you just can't do
15 anything else at the same time because the whole things locks up and
16 heats to roughly the temperature of the sun.)