From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] flamewars@gentoo-dev
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:36:15
1 Regardless of the points being made or their validity, this is the
2 long-standing problem with Gentoo: excessive pride and ego and too
3 little inability to cooperate internally, much less externally. Too
4 many people are treating every discussion (turned argument) as
5 life-or-death and are unwilling to concede anything. Sometimes you
6 have to say, "I disagree, but not enough to make waves about it."
7
8 This is why we've been bleeding old-guard developers (the quiet ones
9 that got stuff done and didn't flame) for months and not gaining the
10 people that carefully examine an environment before they commit. Some
11 people just want to quietly go about their business and Do Things
12 Right, not trudge through hundred-fatwa threads detailing the latest
13 technical-turned-personal 'discussion'. For those of you doing the
14 dev thing for CV points: which will your future employer appreciate
15 more, fifty pseudo-technical flames or a few highly-informative
16 documentation posts? A dozen new packages or a 20MB IRC log detailing
17 what you hate about infra member $foo?
20 Get over yourselves. Please.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list