From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3 PMS Draft
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:47:47
1 >>>>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Tiziano Müller wrote:
2
3 > You forgot to mentioned that we probably also want that
4 > default_src_configure/src_compile die when they try to `cd` to an
5 > invalid ${S}.
6
7 Sorry, seems that I've missed the discussion on this one.
8
9 There is no 'cd "${S}"' command in the default functions. It's not
10 needed since they already start with S as their initial working
11 directory. If S doesn't point to an existing directory, WORKDIR is
12 used instead.
13
14 I hope you don't propose to remove this useful fallback behaviour in
15 general?
16
17 Ulrich