From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:25:24
1 On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:42:47AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Read the list of requirements in the GLEP. The plain text solution
3 > meets all of them. XML fails on several.
4 >
5 > And, incidentally, I came up with the requirements list *before*
6 > dismissing XML.
7
8 Sorry, but this is too funny.
9 You don't like XML.
10 You wrote the requirements.
11 You decided XML doesn't meet those requirements.
12 So even if you come up with the requirements *before* chances are
13 approximately 97% XML will fail.
14
15 I don't know if XML _is_ the right thing for this job, but i think you
16 are definitely biased towards it.
17
18 cheers,
19 Wernfried
22 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
23 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
24 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list