From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Creating a USE_EXPAND for ssl providers
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 01:09:13
1 Peter Stuge:
2 > Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
3 >> If a user has i.e. SSL="polarssl" in make.conf and emerges things that
4 >> don't have polarssl on their list, then those things won't have SSL
5 >> support at all, right?
6 >
7 > Wrong; I would expect emerge to throw an error at me and exit, rather
8 > than to fail (build the package without respecting my SSL choice)
9 > silently.
12 >> what's the difference in using the SSL use expand here, or just
13 >> having packages directly IUSE="+ssl gnutls +openssl nss polarssl"
14 >
15 > The way I see it, the difference is that USE=ssl goes away, and
16 > that setting SSL could then imply +ssl, and SSL=foossl would
17 > correctly fail to build any IUSE=barssl package.
20 > //Peter
23 On a note: polarssl support is still missing from a lot of packages, so
24 if you really do set it as your ssl provider, you WILL have to
25 micro-manage stuff.