From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Creating a USE_EXPAND for ssl providers
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 00:50:45
1 Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > If a user has i.e. SSL="polarssl" in make.conf and emerges things that
3 > don't have polarssl on their list, then those things won't have SSL
4 > support at all, right?
5
6 Wrong; I would expect emerge to throw an error at me and exit, rather
7 than to fail (build the package without respecting my SSL choice)
8 silently.
11 > what's the difference in using the SSL use expand here, or just
12 > having packages directly IUSE="+ssl gnutls +openssl nss polarssl"
13
14 The way I see it, the difference is that USE=ssl goes away, and
15 that setting SSL could then imply +ssl, and SSL=foossl would
16 correctly fail to build any IUSE=barssl package.
19 //Peter