From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: */*: More Py2 stuff
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 13:46:34
1 On July 29, 2020 9:16:31 AM EDT, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2 >On 2020-07-29 09:38, Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 >> This is exactly how it went before. No one is saying "it's your
4 >> fault". Fix whatever the issue is and remove it from the list.
5 >
6 >No. You can't drop the bomb and let other fix the damage you created.
7 >That's not how Gentoo is supposed to work.
8 >
9 >C'mon. You even added net-nntp/sabnzbd to that list again which created
10 >a lot of drama beginning of this year. Please don't try to say you
11 >reviewed anything...
12
13 Yes, net-nntp/sabnzbd is valid as it still has an ebuild with only py2.7. So fix it instead of bitching and being lazy about it. You could have done that vice revert the commit.
14
15 Surely, I had a mistake or two in the 108 package list, but other devs have already started fixing issues and now have reverted their changes because you want to revert something vice fixing it.
16
17 The discussions on -dev outlined all of this before. Further, this is the last *big* set for Py2. Of which, most packages will go away. Again, save the few and move on.
18
19 I will revert your revert when I return to my laptop. Thanks for nothing.
20 --
21 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.