From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Georgi Georgiev <chutz-dated-1065154514.3793ede2cb08@×××.net>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage and "Global Updates"
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:37:58
1 On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 06:15, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > I have a question about the "Global Updates" that portage currently performs
3 > every now and then (moving packages and stuff...).
4 >
5 > I am not clear how exactly it works, but is there a reason why the files are
6 > named #Q-YEAR? Since portage applies the updates in alphabetic order and since
7 > interrupting portage at inappropriate time makes it try and perform the updates
8 > in all files, doesn't it make more sense to name the files so that they sort in
9 > time ascending order? Instead of 3Q-2003 make it 2003-3Q.
10
11 I think this do make more sense.
12
13 3cents.
16 Thanks,
20 Martin Schlemmer
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
22 Cape Town, South Africa