From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage and "Global Updates"
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:15:16
1 I have a question about the "Global Updates" that portage currently performs
2 every now and then (moving packages and stuff...).
3
4 I am not clear how exactly it works, but is there a reason why the files are
5 named #Q-YEAR? Since portage applies the updates in alphabetic order and since
6 interrupting portage at inappropriate time makes it try and perform the updates
7 in all files, doesn't it make more sense to name the files so that they sort in
8 time ascending order? Instead of 3Q-2003 make it 2003-3Q.
11 \ Georgi Georgiev \ Horse sense is the thing a horse has which \
12 / chutz@×××.net / keeps it from betting on people. -- W. C. /
13 \ +81(90)6266-1163 \ Fields \
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list