From: Gustavo Zacarias <gustavoz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:45:53
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2
3 > That's my proposal. The benefits I like to think are obvious. The
4 > drawbacks are, as far as I can see, in tree size, which should be
5 > minimal. Those concerned about local tree size can exclude it, and for
6 > size on the mirrors it's trivial compared to the rest of the tree.
7 >
8 > Comments?
9
10 As long as it's outside the "stable" (200x.y) portage profiles i'm fine
11 with it for SPARC. I think Ferris was testing paludis so i'm sure he can
12 handle it.
13 With respect to the "hey support omg!" comments i say stick a big fat
14 README about being an experimental profile or something like that and
15 that's it. Usually bug reports require "emerge --info" so it'll be easy
16 to flag invalid ones anyway.
19 Gustavo Zacarias
20 Gentoo/SPARC monkey
21 --