From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UTF-8 locale by default
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:43:29
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 07/27/12 16:16, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
3 >>
4 >> No user will be happy with whatever we decide to use as a default.
5 >
6 > The defaults should be what's best for the most people, with a bias
7 > towards safety. Why don't we just take a survey and choose the most
8 > common utf8 response?
9
10 You'd really want to a "which do you prefer, which can you use"
11 survey, then; You don't really want to choose the result preferred by
12 the most people, rather you want the result which is usable by the
13 most people.
16 :wq