From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About DESCRIPTION in ebuilds needing to end with a dot "."
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 06:38:11
1 El dom, 21-10-2012 a las 09:34 +0800, Ben de Groot escribió:
2 > On 20 October 2012 03:01, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Hello
4 > >
5 > > At least in spanish, it's mandatory to end phrases with a dot ".", would
6 > > you agree with trying to enforce this trivial change with a repoman
7 > > warning?
8 >
9 > In English, phrases don't end with a full stop. As has been argued
10 > elsewhere in this thread, using full stops (periods, dots) is
11 > unnecessary, redundant, and ugly.
12 >
13 > It is my professional opinion, as an English teacher, that we should
14 > *never* use full stops in DESCRIPTION fields.
15 >
16 > If we are to use a repoman warning, we should encourage people to NOT
17 > use a full stop at the end of their description phrases. Also, the
18 > package name should not be repeated as part of the description.
21 Yes, looks like I was wrong and the proper is to not end with a dot.