From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newb question about emerge ...
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:51:26
1 On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:42:51 +0200
2 Thomas Matthijs <axxo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > * Marius Mauch (genone@g.o) wrote:
5 > > Thomas Matthijs wrote:
6 > > >># regenworld
7 > > >>run that command occassionally as sometimes things that get
8 > > >>emerged for whatever reason are not part of the world file AND
9 > > >>not a direct dependancy of something and so the emerge -avuDN
10 > > >>world would not check -- running this command will check and add
11 > > >>these entries to the world file so they will be included with
12 > > >>updates.
13 > > >
14 > > >
15 > > >Don't! do that it will ruin your world file, it'll no longer be
16 > > >what the world file is supposed to be, but contain everything you
17 > > >merged. It is only ment as a rescue when you delete your world file
18 > > >(or lose it in some other way)
19 > >
20 > > Nope. You're mixing that up with the evil `qpkg -I > world`
21 > > command. regenworld should be fine as long as /var/log/emerge.log
22 > > is complete.
23 >
24 > It is not.
25 > it adds alot of junk to my work file (over 250 packages), some i
26 > merged with --oneshot, other are just deps of other packages
27
28 Can you file a bug about that and attach your emerge.log?
29
30 Marius
35 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
36 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.