From: Thomas Matthijs <axxo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newb question about emerge ...
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:49:29
1 * Marius Mauch (genone@g.o) wrote:
2 > Thomas Matthijs wrote:
3 > >># regenworld
4 > >>run that command occassionally as sometimes things that get emerged
5 > >>for whatever reason are not part of the world file AND not a direct
6 > >>dependancy of something and so the emerge -avuDN world would not check
7 > >>-- running this command will check and add these entries to the world
8 > >>file so they will be included with updates.
11 > >Don't! do that it will ruin your world file, it'll no longer be what the
12 > >world file is supposed to be, but contain everything you merged. It is only
13 > >ment as a rescue when you delete your world file(or lose it in some
14 > >other way)
15 >
16 > Nope. You're mixing that up with the evil `qpkg -I > world` command.
17 > regenworld should be fine as long as /var/log/emerge.log is complete.
18
19 It is not.
20 it adds alot of junk to my work file (over 250 packages), some i merged
21 with --oneshot, other are just deps of other packages
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list