From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, ulm@g.o
Cc: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>, devmanual@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:04:54
1 On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >> However, the write access removed because of potential conflicts
3 >> between g.o.g.o and github. If you can guarantee me that people will
4 >> not mess things up and not commit only to one of the to remotes,
5 >> then we can enable write access again.
6 >
7 > I for my part won't push anything to a devmanual repo hosted at
8 > github. As this presumably means that I won't be able to contribute
9 > any more, I've now removed myself from the devmanual mail alias.
10
11 I am curious to know your reasoning here. I can understand wanting to
12 keep an up-to-date copy on Gentoo infra, but I'm not so clear on the
13 outright refusal to push to Github as well.
14
15 Do you simply not wish to create an account there? Can you explain a bit more?