From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, devmanual@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 15:48:29
1 >>>>> On Sun, 12 May 2013, Markos Chandras wrote:
2
3 >> Earlier you said: "Just to clarify, i never said I wanted to
4 >> deprecated the git.overlays.gentoo.org repo."
5
6 >> Have I missed something? Last time I looked, github's server
7 >> software wasn't open source. Why should we use non-free tools for a
8 >> central piece of Gentoo documentation?
9
10 > The repository is still accessible in http://git.overlays.gentoo.org
11 > and read-only access is still available.
12
13 In what way is removing write access different from deprecating the
14 repository?
15
16 > However, the write access removed because of potential conflicts
17 > between g.o.g.o and github. If you can guarantee me that people will
18 > not mess things up and not commit only to one of the to remotes,
19 > then we can enable write access again.
20
21 I for my part won't push anything to a devmanual repo hosted at
22 github. As this presumably means that I won't be able to contribute
23 any more, I've now removed myself from the devmanual mail alias.
24
25 Ulrich