From: Peper <peper@×××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A heretical thought? Blessing project sunrise as an almost-fork.
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:45:38
1 > Would moving it from overlays.g.o to overlays.dev.g.o,
2 > overlays.experimental.dev.g.o help ? It could then be viewed
3 > officially unofficial as the tinderboxing repository's I've
4 > been working on.
5 I think it won't make a big difference. It's stated clearly that the sunrise
6 overlay is experimental and unsupported. If some user is really that blind he
7 won't read the link either. And overlays.experimental.dev.gentoo.org domain
8 is a bit unfriendly, don't you think so? Next step would be
9 sunrise.the.experimental.and.unsupported.overlay.hosted.on.dev.overlays.gentoo.org
10
11 > Personally I know I would like to have a place to park
12 > pic, iconv, nls patches in testing, and embedded-kernels that are say
13 > vital for some devices but for one reason or another should not be in
14 > the official tree.
15 Sunrise would be a good place i think ;]
18 Best Regards,
19 Peper
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list