From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing the concept of herds
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 22:54:09
1 On 10 September 2014 10:23, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I don't understand your concern. I'm only saying we should stop relying
4 > on that stupid out-of-repository herds.xml file and put the e-mail
5 > address directly in metadata.xml. Bugzilla and bug assignment would
6 > work pretty much the same -- except that you wouldn't have to scan one
7 > more file to get the e-mail you're looking for.
10 That sounds less like you're trying to deprecate the use of herds, and more
11 like you're trying to deprecate the use of herds /in metadata.xml/.
12
13 The latter strikes me as an easier sell, just the markup is more effort.
14
15 If it was possible to write <herd>perl</herd> and have some process that
16 automatically upscaled that to a <maintainer> tag, that'd be cool.
19 Kent
20
21 *KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL