From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP23: Portage handling of ACCEPT_LICENSE
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:06:48
1 On Wednesday 10 March 2004 00:50, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:49:48 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | It can be found at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0023.html.
6 > |
7 > > LICENSE="mandatory-license \
8 > > ( || choosable-licence1 chooseable-license-2 ) \
9 > > useflag? ( optional-component-license )"
10 >
11 > Are you sure you mean that? Aren't you aiming for USE-like syntax?
12
13 That's for within ebuilds themselves which is essentially where the USE flags
14 get processed. What I'm trying to say is that it's probably easiest to equate
15 DEPEND syntax to LICENSE and USE syntax to ACCEPT_LICENSE.
16
17 > > At a minimum, there needs to be the groups OSI-APPROVED and
18 > > NON-INTERACTIVE
19 >
20 > I suggest FSF_APPROVED as well -- after all, it is usually the FSF nuts
21 > that are ranting about non-Free things in portage :)
22
23 Yep, I'll add that in.
24
25 ..and thanks for the response!