From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brand new install, some problems
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:35:13
1 "Robert Poole" <lionlad@×××××.net> writes:
2
3 > There were two issues that came up when attempting a fresh install of
4 > Gentoo:
7 > (1) The Gentoo x86 install instructions indicated that toward the end
8 > of the installation process, I should execute "etc-update" to update
9 > scripts. This turned out to be not in the standard path, and in fact,
10 > when I did dig through the file system and attempted to execute this
11 > from where it resided, the script threw quite a few errors before
12 > exiting (and logging me out!).
13 >
14 > Is this script obsolete?
15
16 Perhaps this and your KDE problem might be related to etc-update
17 moving from gentoolkit to portage. Have you tried updating portage?
18
19 emerge clean
20 emerge rsync
21 emerge portage
22
23 Matt
26 Matthew Kennedy
27 Gentoo Linux Developer
28 Bugs go to http://bugs.gentoo.org!
29
30 Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6C25B0A2
31 Finger Print: 0C61 0CBC C669 5F26 8DBF 006D FBAB 30EA 6C25 B0A2