From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:56:20
1 Hey,
2
3 I'm re-proposing the tarball approach. When a stable release is made, a
4 tarball of the tree would be taken (while removing all of the non-stable
5 stuff and just keeping the arch keyworks if necessary..).. And then an
6 overlay rsync for security updates would be created.. This ensures the
7 long term survival of the release.. It also allows us to keep
8 "distributing" very old release (we know how many shops still use
9 redhat7 or even 6) without putting too much strain on the mirrors.