From: Dave Lee <davel@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Larry the Cow
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:05:00
1 Todd Wright wrote:
2 > BUT, cast dispersions on Larry the Cow's sexuality, and the one guy who
3 > probably knows the answer to my questions better than anyone, posts 2 or
4 > 3 messages in a singe day - none of which include any information on
5 > Gentoo Linux.
6 >
7 > Can you see my point?
8
9 I agree. What can be done about this? The gentoo-user mailing list is a
10 mess, and gentoo-dev is usually quiet. Also bugzilla has been useless in
11 the cases where I have tried to use it (ie no resolution). I think the
12 nature of gentoo, being very dynamic, makes it difficult to address
13 everyones individual and specific needs. When I used to be a mandrake
14 user I never used their mailing lists or forums, but with gentoo things
15 are so much in flux its impossible not to use them. One other thing I
16 would like to mention is the free-for-all style with which portage updates
17 are made. I dont ebuilds get tested enough before they go live.
18
19 Dave