From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About the 'eapi' file in profile directories
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 22:42:50
1 I can't find much documentation on the 'eapi' file found in many of the
2 profile directories. Several of the ones in
3 profiles/arch/{amd64,sparc,mips} all report '5', and this aligns with the
4 mips 17.0 profile under default/linux. Since EAPI 5 is deprecated, should
5 this file be edited to be at least EAPI 6 or 7, or is it a relic of the past
6 and really just needs to be tossed out?
7
8 If EAPI support is really needed in the profiles, it seems like there has to
9 be a better mechanism to codify it in a more central location versus
10 scattering ~390 of the things across the base profiles directory.
11
12 Thoughts?
15 Joshua Kinard
16 Gentoo/MIPS
17 kumba@g.o
18 rsa6144/5C63F4E3F5C6C943 2015-04-27
19 177C 1972 1FB8 F254 BAD0 3E72 5C63 F4E3 F5C6 C943
20
21 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
22 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
23
24 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic