From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:53:51
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Mark Dierolf wrote:
5 | I'm talking about setting a default that's less than 60 seconds. I
6 know i can
7 | change it, but IMO 60 seconds is an annoying wait when you're stuck
8 booting a
9 | machine some other admin just bootstrapped.
10 |
11 | I think the people who NEED to wait 60 seconds should increase it. Or
12 better
13 | yet, they should fix their network.
14 |
15 | You should get a DHCP response in < 10 seconds, it's as simple as
16 that. If you
17 | don't, something is screwed up.
18 |
19 | The vast majority of people would be ok with a 10 second dhcp timeout,
20 and
21 | those who aren't can increase it.
22 |
23 | Mark Dierolf