From: Mark Dierolf <mark@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:53:06
1 I'm talking about setting a default that's less than 60 seconds. I know i can
2 change it, but IMO 60 seconds is an annoying wait when you're stuck booting a
3 machine some other admin just bootstrapped.
4
5 I think the people who NEED to wait 60 seconds should increase it. Or better
6 yet, they should fix their network.
7
8 You should get a DHCP response in < 10 seconds, it's as simple as that. If you
9 don't, something is screwed up.
10
11 The vast majority of people would be ok with a 10 second dhcp timeout, and
12 those who aren't can increase it.
13
14 Mark Dierolf