From: Jason Rhinelander <jason@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:22:29
1 Mark Dierolf wrote:
2 > As long as there is an option to change the timeout, I don't think we'll get
3 > many complaints.
4
5 There is, it's called dhcpcd_eth0 in /etc/conf.d/net. Just add "-t 10"
6 and you have your 10 second timeout. Alternatively, set up your boot
7 loader to give you a choice - I do this, and I choose "Gentoo" (boots
8 with softlevel=default, which starts net.eth0), or "Wireless" (boots
9 with softlevel=wireless, which starts net.wlan0 and NOT net.eth0) or
10 "Networkless" (boots with softlevel=nonetwork). After all, YOU are
11 hopefully going to know better than Gentoo whether or not your network
12 should be up.
13
14 -- Jason Rhinelander
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list