From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:30:20
1 On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 10:22 -0700, Jason Rhinelander wrote:
2 > There is, it's called dhcpcd_eth0 in /etc/conf.d/net. Just add "-t 10"
3 > and you have your 10 second timeout. Alternatively, set up your boot
4 > loader to give you a choice - I do this, and I choose "Gentoo" (boots
5 > with softlevel=default, which starts net.eth0), or "Wireless" (boots
6 > with softlevel=wireless, which starts net.wlan0 and NOT net.eth0) or
7 > "Networkless" (boots with softlevel=nonetwork). After all, YOU are
8 > hopefully going to know better than Gentoo whether or not your network
9 > should be up.
10
11 I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for these comments. This is
12 exactly what I was meaning by my earlier statements on this subject. It
13 seems some people want us to do everything, even when we have already
14 given them the tools to make the system the way they wish.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux