From: Mark Dierolf <mark@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init script optimizations?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:59:38
1 I agree, the 60 second dhcp timeout is completely intolerable.
2
3 2 seconds is too quick, my wireless network can take a few seconds when the
4 first packet is sent out as it needs to load firmware into the cards memory.
5
6 10 seconds is my vote, i've never seen a network take longer than that, unless
7 the ethernet was unplugged or something was horribly wrong.
8
9 As long as there is an option to change the timeout, I don't think we'll get
10 many complaints.
11
12 Mark Dierolf
13