From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling multiple packages providing the same convenience symlink
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:10:39
1 On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:01:43 +0000 Chris Bainbridge
2 <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com> wrote:
3 | Isn't this the same problem as gcc, java interpreters, etc all wanting
4 | to install binaries called 'gcc' and 'java', so we have gcc-config and
5 | java-config which allows the user to insert the 'gcc' and 'java'
6 | symbols into their executable namespace?
7
8 Pretty much, yeah. On the other hand, having a vi-config would be really
9 really stupid. I really don't want to go down that road if there's any
10 way to avoid it...
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm