From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's problems
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:36:57
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:20:37 +0100 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:22:55 +0100 expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
5 > >> I cannot agree on the Genstef-thingy, nor can I proof you wrong,
6 > >> but I'd be please if in general such things could be done
7 > >> anonymous as it is in some way FUD and might fuel flames...userrel
8 > >> and userreps are there to be talked to about such things.
9 > >
10 > > Well that's my point. Userrel and userreps have nothing to do with
11 > > such things. And although QA and devrel can, in theory, take
12 > > action, it isn't happening.
13 >
14 > saw in the full context looks a bit different than what I was
15 > expecting, a 2byte change that is more or less a syntax nuance could
16 > be as quickly addressed by the reporter than the developer.
17
18 QA is supposed to avoid fixing other people's code where things are
19 actively maintained.
22 Ciaran McCreesh
23 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
24 Web : http://ciaranm.org/