From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A couple of interesting things
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:30:42
1 wackman wrote:
4 > I thought you guys should know about this inconsistancy. It's strange
5 > that gnome-core (or one of its dependencies) wants rpm-3.0.6-r1, but the
6 > latest rpm in the portage tree is 3.0.6. Does something need to be
7 > recompiled?
8
9 ? if I look in cvs-web I see 3.0.6-r1, but the digest was missing. I
10 commited it.
13 > One more thing, I noticed that when emerge/ebuild is compiling stuff,
14 > it's using march=486. I'm using a PIII and want the most optimized
15 > binaries I can get. I changed /etc/make.defaults CFLAGS to m686, but
16 > that hasn't seemed to help yet. Although, I am still using the same
17 > xterm session from before. That might be it. Did I make the right change?
18
19 Since 1.5_pre the location for configurations has changed,
20 /etc/make.defaults is no longer used.
21 add
22
23 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
24 CFLAGS="-O2 -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro" (same for CXXFLAGS)
25
26 to /etc/make.conf
29 > Thanks
30 >