From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:48:13
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "broken" in the first paragraph nor how
3 > a check can help with unmaintained (=no commits, no?) packages, but if a
4 > repoman check will hasten package porting while smoothing the users' ride,
5 > I'm personally all for it.
6
7 By "broken" I mean unported. In other words, directly depending on
8 either virtual/x11 or x11-base/xorg-x11. The check will help discover
9 unmaintained packages by not allowing people to do flyby fixes without
10 also fixing this.
11
12 What can I do to speed up the process of getting this into a 2.1
13 release? Keep in mind my python is beyond bad.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie