From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: No more stable keywords for Games
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:46:03
1 171119 James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:50:20 -0500
3 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >> 171118 David Seifert wrote:
5 >>> As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
6 >>> games packages, we have dropped all games-* ebuilds to unstable
7 >>> keywords (modulo those required by stable non-games packages).
8 >> Isn't this overkill in the absence of widespread bug reports for games ?
9 >> 'Stable' doesn't mean well-maintained,
10 >> but in the tree for some time & no serious bug reports.
11 > There are plenty of bug reports for games.
12
13 What percentage of games pkgs have bugs ?
14
15 Eg I amuse myself with games-puzzle/sgt-puzzles ;
16 it is maintained upstream with regular updates.
17 The only unresolved bug appears to be 602696
18 which relates to version 20161207, which is no longer in the tree :
19 why is the bug still marked 'confirmed' ? Shouldn't it be 'resolved' ?
20
21 What justification is there for marking this pkg 'unstable' ?
22 My guess is that there are other games pkgs with no valid bug.
23
24 Marking all games 'unstable' still seems to be overkill.
28 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
29 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
30 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca