From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: No more stable keywords for Games
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:56:17
1 On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:50:20 -0500
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > 171118 David Seifert wrote:
5 > > As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
6 > > games packages, we have dropped all games-* ebuilds to unstable
7 > > keywords (modulo those required by stable non-games packages).
8 > >
9 > > While I accept that this will cause some irritation for the community,
10 > > pretending we have a well supported games collection by having a wealth
11 > > of stable games packages is misleading at best. By having 99% of games
12 > > be unstable, we convey the expectation users should have - namely that
13 > > games in Gentoo are not part of crucial Tier 1 packages.
14 > >
15 > > We welcome contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the games
16 > > landscape in Gentoo.
17 >
18 > Isn't this overkill in the absence of widespread bug reports for games ?
19 > 'Stable' doesn't mean well-maintained,
20 > but in the tree for some time & no serious bug reports.
21
22 There are plenty of bug reports for games.
25 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
26 Gentoo Linux Developer