From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Change to CVSROOT variable for cvs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:44:11
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:32:06PM -0400 or thereabouts, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >
4 >>You certainly need to change them when the repository moves, which is
5 >>effectively what this is. How else do you think it'll know where the files
6 >>are?
9 > OK -- we can handle that server-side on Monday. cvs will be inaccessible
10 > for about an hour or so while we sed our way ~30k files. I'm still not
11 > sure how or if that will affect folks on the client side.
12 >
13 > Some folks have already suggested simply re-checking out the repository
14 > from scratch. I'd really rather folks not do this as we already have
15 > enough of a load on cvs.gentoo.org as it is. 200 devs checking out a fresh
16 > copy of the tree isn't going to help.
17 >
18 > I'll work on getting some sed statements whipped up that folks can run on
19 > their local repositories overnight to make the necssary changes. (or, if
20 > you're a sed guru, feel free to post them here as well)
21
22 This seems to work just fine:
23
24 sed -ie 's|^# $Header: /home/cvsroot/|# $Header: /var/cvsroot/|' *.ebuild
25
26 It could be modified to something like:
27
28 for i in */*/*.ebuild; do sed -ie 's|^# $Header: /home/cvsroot/|# $Header:
29 /var/cvsroot/|' ${i}; done
33 Andrew Gaffney
34 Network Administrator
35 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.