From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Change to CVSROOT variable for cvs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:38:02
1 On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:32:06PM -0400 or thereabouts, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > You certainly need to change them when the repository moves, which is
3 > effectively what this is. How else do you think it'll know where the files
4 > are?
5
6 OK -- we can handle that server-side on Monday. cvs will be inaccessible
7 for about an hour or so while we sed our way ~30k files. I'm still not
8 sure how or if that will affect folks on the client side.
9
10 Some folks have already suggested simply re-checking out the repository
11 from scratch. I'd really rather folks not do this as we already have
12 enough of a load on cvs.gentoo.org as it is. 200 devs checking out a fresh
13 copy of the tree isn't going to help.
14
15 I'll work on getting some sed statements whipped up that folks can run on
16 their local repositories overnight to make the necssary changes. (or, if
17 you're a sed guru, feel free to post them here as well)
18
19 BTW, is it safe to assume the cvs header that needs to change is always the
20 third line in an ebuild? random spot checks seem to suggest it is.
21
22 --kurt