From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Change to CVSROOT variable for cvs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:07:26
1 On 06/01/04 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:32:06PM -0400 or thereabouts, Donnie
4 > Berkholz wrote:
5 > > You certainly need to change them when the repository moves, which
6 > > is effectively what this is. How else do you think it'll know where
7 > > the files are?
8 >
9 > OK -- we can handle that server-side on Monday. cvs will be
10 > inaccessible for about an hour or so while we sed our way ~30k files.
11 > I'm still not sure how or if that will affect folks on the client
12 > side.
13 >
14 > Some folks have already suggested simply re-checking out the
15 > repository from scratch. I'd really rather folks not do this as we
16 > already have enough of a load on cvs.gentoo.org as it is. 200 devs
17 > checking out a fresh copy of the tree isn't going to help.
18 >
19 > I'll work on getting some sed statements whipped up that folks can run
20 > on their local repositories overnight to make the necssary changes.
21 > (or, if you're a sed guru, feel free to post them here as well)
22 >
23 > BTW, is it safe to assume the cvs header that needs to change is
24 > always the third line in an ebuild? random spot checks seem to
25 > suggest it is.
26
27 The headers in the ebuilds have to be changed, but should be changed
28 with repoman on the next commit as the Manifest would be incorrect
29 otherwise.
30
31 Also for updating your CVSROOT when you don't use the env variable, I
32 used this little pipe in the past:
33
34 find -name Root -type f|grep CVS|xargs sed -i "s:$OLDROOT:$NEWROOT:"
35
36 No guarantees though.
37
38 Marius
43 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
44 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.