From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:12:09
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> posted
2 200605171711.10418.pauldv@g.o, excerpted below, on Wed, 17 May
3 2006 17:11:04 +0200:
4
5 > Let's make clear why I put this in. Basically I am of the opinion that
6 > until a decision is made to make (in this case) paludis the primary
7 > package manager, all official packages should work with portage. Package
8 > masked packages are not considered official.
9
10 Wasn't it stated that the mechanism paludis uses to hide ebuilds that
11 won't work in portage from portage is to mask them to it?
12
13 IOW, this is already the way it is being handled. If masked packages
14 aren't official, and ebuilds that require features only in paludis are
15 masked as far as portage is concerned, then that checkbox can be checked
16 off.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list