From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, toolchain <toolchain@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] toolchain meeting agenda for today 19:00 UTC #gentoo-toolchain
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 18:07:31
1 On Sat, 20 May 2017 19:38:01 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > - Globally setting -std=c++14 in upcoming 17.0 profiles
4
5 A bit late to the party, but what was the outcome of the meeting, esp.
6 this part ?
7
8 I'm not sure if default CXXFLAGS would make such a difference since
9 most people would override them. OTOH, masking <gcc-6 (*) on those
10 profiles makes a lot of sense: it'll default to gnu++14 in a better way
11 than with profiles and since I think one of the points of the new
12 profiles is to force default-pie, it'll also avoid people using gcc5-
13 that would not build pie by default and have issues when switching to
14 gcc6+
18 (*) not sure if masking is the proper way, but I can't think of
19 anything better atm